Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Continued improvement!

Will continues to do great! As of around 7 this morning, he has been off ALL equipment, including IVs, that was so important to him for awhile - really fabulous progress! Peter and I got to hold him and snuggle with him and he snuggled right back. We feel it's so important to touch and hold him right now, since there were a few days right after his birth where he didn't get a lot of touching. It's hard not to sit by his bed in the NICU all day long! I was with him a lot today and I nursed him throughout the day and he did great with it. At one point this afternoon, the doctor said that if he continues to do so well, he can go home in a couple of days!

And... Sofie finally got to see William up close! She was so excited. She has been doing so well through all of this, but I think she's ready for all of us to be home together.

Here are some pictures from a great day.








4 comments:

Shanti and Aimee said...

What beautiful pictures... it makes you realize that babies really are miracles.

CC said...

Good to hear that the whole family is doing well :) Welcome to the world, Will!

Sending love,
Cynthia/Cindy

Keiki Sodaro said...

Happy to see more photos of the tiny miracle.

Kau'i said...

glad to hearing everything is getting better!!! cute ones of sofie and the baby through the glass!